April 5-8, 2017
Chase Park Plaza Hotel
St Louis, MO
Download Registration Form [PDF]
- Conference Agenda
- Speaker Biographies
- Hotel Information
- Conference Brochure [PDF]
- Exhibitor & Sponsor Opportunities
The Exhibitor and Sponsor Prospectus for TraumaCon 2017 is now available. Don’t miss this opportunity to connect with individuals who serve in leadership roles and have purchasing power within the health system. The society is expecting over 500 trauma nurses and nursing professionals this year. Your target audience will be in St. Louis and so should you.
Inaugural TraumaCon 5KIn honor of the 20th anniversary of the annual conference, STN is hosting its first ever 5K! The event is taking place on Thursday, April 6 at 5:30 p.m. local time. There is a $25 fee to register but all proceeds will go to the Interstate Disaster Medical Collaborative. The IDMC supports the Missouri disaster team and is negotiating with supporting heroes to help cover LOD risks for disaster teams. IDMC is also the candidate for regional assets such as mobile surgical capabilities which states are unlikely to support.
To register for the 5K, click here.
The Disaster Podcast recently mentioned STN! Check it out by clicking here.
About TraumaConWelcome to St. Louis, Missouri, home to the 20th Annual Society of Trauma Nurses Conference, TraumaCon, April 5-8, 2017, at the Chase Park Plaza Hotel. Over this three-day conference, you will have the opportunity to visit with old friends, make new connections, and choose from a variety of high-quality educational programs designed for nurses involved in the care of trauma patients and the management of trauma programs and trauma systems. We expect an audience of more than 600 trauma nurses and nursing professionals. Read more in this brochure about the innovative programs and activities our hard-working program planning committee has in store for attendees, and make plans now to attend this highly anticipated event.
About STNThe Society of Trauma Nurses is committed to ensuring optimal trauma care globally. Members are nurses who are innovators and leaders in trauma research, education, management, and direct trauma service delivery. The Society of Trauma Nurses provides educational programs, mentoring, interest groups, outreach and services to assist trauma nurses in professional development.
- Multiple Concurrent Sessions – The conference will feature concurrent sessions on Thursday and “Roundtable Sessions” on Friday morning.
- Clinical Topics – The breakout and plenary sessions have an unprecedented amount of clinical content, designed to meet the needs of trauma professionals in a variety of work settings.
- Poster Abstract CE – Optional continuing education (CE) for poster abstract reviews will be offered Thursday afternoon after Plenary Session #2.
- Plenary Sessions – We’re especially proud this year to offer an exceptional line-up of plenary sessions, including: Training to Treatment, What the COT is Doing for You, Analyzing Bleeding with TEG, and Impact of Legislative Actions on Your Trauma Center, to name a few. Day 1 ends with a Plenary Session to bring everyone back together before review of the poster abstracts.
- Special Interest Groups/Committees – These meetings will take place on Wednesday morning, April 5, before the pre-conference sessions. This is a great opportunity to network with other members in your special interest area.
- STN 20th Anniversary Celebration & Grand Opening of Exhibit Hall– The celebration and grand opening of the exhibit hall is on Wednesday evening following the pre-conference sessions. Don’t miss this opportunity to celebrate 20 years of STN conferences and network with colleagues and vendor partners in the Exhibit Hall.
Nursing Continuing Education Contact HoursThe Society of Trauma Nurses is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Please contact Brian Doty, STN Meetings and Education Director, at 859-977-7446 for more information. The following is a list of possible contact hours for applicable sessions:
|Pre-Conference: Geriatric Trauma||4.0|
|Pre-Conference: EAST Collaborative Workshop||4.0|
|Pre-Conference: Leadership Workshop||4.0|
|Full Conference: All Plenary Sessions/Concurrent Sessions||11.75|
|Optional CE for Poster Abstracts||1.0–2.5|
|TCRN Review Course||12.0|